Friday, July 19, 2013

Slow Cooker Cheese Tortellini

Here is a recipe that is very easy and it tastes great. Not only that, you should have plenty for two nights. We had enough for my husband and myself and my two children (although my toddler didn't really eat it) and we had plenty for the next day. If you don't use meat, it's all dump and go. If you choose to add sausage, you could brown it for added flavor. Typically, they are fully cooked. Make sure to check the package. You can't get much easier than this.
Ingredients:
1 (19oz) bag of frozen cheese tortellini (I used tri-colored in my recipe.)
1 small bag of fresh spinach
2 (14.5 oz) cans of Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
1 block (8 oz) of cream cheese or Neufchatel (less fat)
1 lb. of ground sausage or chicken/turkey sausage
4 cups of low sodium chicken or veggie broth (Since I made this a meat free meal, I used veggie broth.)


Brown the sausage and put all ingredients in crockpot, chunking up the cream cheese.

Cook on low for 4-6 hrs.   Just make sure to check the tortellini, if you can, because it may be done sooner. We ate it after 3 1/2 hours and it was perfect!

*If it seems to soupy, leave the cover off for about a half hour toward the end of cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment